Saturday, September 24, 2011

From Semenyih with love

It is the time of the year when A-level graduates scout for their preferred universities from every corner of the globe and goodbye wishes are inevitable.


While a few of my friends have the privilege to further their tertiary educations in overseas, I've beginning to accustom to life at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus. A piquant and sleepy town Semenyih may seem, but that was changed forever after the construction of a world-class beater in the University of Nottingham on our shores.


Checked into my new home precisely a week ago and I got to say the past week was really a brand-new experience. For never in my entire life had I lived alone outside the confines of my home. A new beginning, so to speak as I start adapting to life after college, slowing blending myself in the yet-to-begin university life.


I don't know about others but I really rejoice in the fact that I'm living off-campus. Some of you might wonder what on Earth is wrong with me for opting to live miles away from the campus especially as a 1st-year student whose sense of direction, knowledge and whatever issues related to the university are still at infancy rate. But I have strong points to prove to my doubters.


1. My place of stay is merely a 5-mins walk from the campus (depending on my speed, of course)
2. I have the entire room to myself, SAY NO to SHARING.
3. I have an oversize toilet to myself (some say my toilet is bigger than my room) -.-'
4. I would be able to sleep without sweating ( air-cond, what else? )
5. I have the company of my best friends


Perfect place to stay, you got it. No worries, No complaints, No dissatisfaction.


Registered myself to participate in the Freshers' Week 2011 designed to make new students feel more at home. Sad to say that none of my friends will join in the fray in the flurry of exciting activities ranging from Treasure Hunt, bowling to Barbeque dinner. However I have no reason to be downbeat as making new friends is the primary reason for me to take part in this event. I should be making many new friends, I hope. That's the fun of the game! :)


Have been accessing the sports complex on numerous occasions for badminton and gym. I'll start making full use of the swimming pool soon. Afterall, I did not have much opportunity to indulge in sports when I was studying A-Levels so I shall make up for lost time.


On another note, life away from home is different. You just have to get used to it sooner rather than later and I'm elated to say that I've had a good grip of it.


Classes commence tomorrow and rest assured, dust will start to settle on this beloved blog of mine! I promise to organise my time wisely in order to spend time updating my blog but then again it will not be anytime in the near future. A month later, perhaps?


One interesting story to share: A stray dog intruded the house the other day and from his bizarre behavioural actions, I'm afraid he is here to stay, for he had followed me twice to university. Shocking, but true. Sticking to me like glue to paper, by the looks of it, Chi the Run (the dog) is completely prepared to live the rest of his life addressing me as his master, and I'm running out of ideas to send him back to Mars. 


Don't drive me up the wall, Chi the Run!


Urgent help needed. :X

No comments:

Post a Comment