Tuesday, June 21, 2011

At a crossroads

Dear friends, it feels great and refreshing to be back blogging after a lapse of 5 months +

The time has come for me to make an IMPERATIVE decision, a decision which carries a significant impact on my future. Needless to say, I am referring to the choice of university.

University-searching is really a brain-cracking task. God knows how many universities I have set my sights on but I had to please my parents who have been commanding me to search for various foreign universities. Well, we all know that the application to universities in the UK was a foregone story, the deadline was 3 months back. My efforts of conveying this particular news to my mum went futile as this particular question popped up unnecessarily yesterday much to my dismay.

There I was, using my almighty strength to recall whatever relevant information related to the case and blurted everything for the last time. That's it. I've had enough.


Enough said of the unwelcoming news, it is time to get back on track. The BIG question mark remains: Where does my future lie in?


Let me brief you with my choices.

1. My top priority: NTU, sg
2. University of Nottingham
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

As you can see, my choices are far from convincing. A donkey (Mr.Lee's favourite animal I guess) also knows that I must not be solely reliant on these two universities but you see, the problem is that I could not establish the 3rd choice from the list below:

- Monash University
- UCSI
- Curtin University
- Tsinghua University
- Technical University of Munich
- NUS (highly unlikely destination)
- HKUST (damn.. I didn't apply before 31 Mar)

And that the results of my application to NTU is still pending. Moreover, I have yet to finalise the documents needed for my application to UoN. All these uncertainties make me feel insecure when a friend of mine, Vincent has received offer letters from both Monash and UoN, (screw u Vincent). Jk Jk

But for now, a daily dose of Cantonese drama series would be the best remedy to all my worries (:

Oh my, I can't live without Cantonese drama series, seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    You're blog is very inspiring! I just graduated from High School and I'm going into College in the fall! I wish you luck on your University search! As for me, I'm going into a community college to get my Pre-recs done and then I'll transfer over to a University!! I'm glad I have stumbled upon your blog! Can't wait to hear more from you! Check out my blog sometime: http://greenorange-singer7.blogspot.com/
    THANX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your compliments. All the best in your studies too (: i shall visit your blog

    ReplyDelete